An effective toenail fungus treatment all starts with learning how you catch this fungus in the first place and how to keep it from having the kind of environment it needs to grow.
Toenail fungus, also known as Onychomycosis, is caused by a small micro-organism called a Dermatophyte. It is the same fungus that causes jock itch and foot fungus. Dermatophytes thrive in damp, dark places and that makes the inside of sweaty shoes the perfect breeding ground.
Even though you can get fungus on your fingernails as well, it is much more common on toe nails. When it comes to treatment of nail fungus, the first thing to realize is that the fungus is highly contagious. Many people spend a great deal of time working to get rid of it but then expose themselves to recontamination almost daily.
The spores of this fungus can live for a long time in warm, wet areas including the decks of swimming pools, bathroom floors and other surfaces, especially the floors of shower stalls. Keep reading for a few helpful tips for treating toenail fungus.
7 Steps for Fast Toenail Fungus Treatment
1. Using an antifungal soap, wash your feet thoroughly at least once per day
2. Make sure that your feet are kept dry at all times. If needed, use a hairdryer to make sure.
3. Use an antifungal spray or powder on your feet, your socks and shoes before putting them on.
4. Change your socks at least daily and rotate sweaty shoes every other day.
5. Keep your nails trimmed short and filed smooth to prevent infection.
6. Give your feet as much sunlight and fresh air as you can to improve your toenail fungus treatment success.
7. Try herbal antifungals which include thymol and tea tree oil.
Toenail fungus can be an extremely irritating problem to have, but it is treatable as long as you’re persistent. The treatment of toenail fungus needs to be kept up for the several months it can take for a new nail to grow, so stick with it. If you don’t want to chance the side effects which can be caused by antifungal drugs like Lamisil, then you can choose one of the many safe and effective natural toenail fungus treatment products which are now available.
Toenail Fungus Treatment can be timely but it is completely possible to get clear, new nails again. Click here for a natural Toenail Fungus Treatment solution that is guaranteed to work for you or your money back.