If you happen to come across this article, then you’re probably one of the many who are trying to learn more about toe nail fungus remedy. A fungal infection on the toes may be difficult to treat precisely because it is under your nail and it is protected by it. The nail is a good home these fungi since it is warm as well as moist. If left untreated, it might lead to a lot of complications that may result to painful feet while walking or running.
Symptoms of toe nail fungus would include ugly, odorous, discolored and deformed toe nails. This can be a source of embarrassment as well as pain. One can get this by walking barefoot in moist places such as swimming pools, baths and lockers. One is not alone in this, as about 35 million Americans are suffering from this disease.
Like anything and everything else, people have also come up with several kinds of treatment for nail fungus. These are some of the most popular ones:
1. Using Tea Tree Oil – Applying Tea tree oil on the toenails everyday is one toe nail fungus remedy. It can be used with olive oil for the best results. This will take some time to see the results, or even there are no positive results as all.
2. Mouthwash – Listerine mouthwash has been also shared by many as another good toe nail fungus remedy. One has to simply soak his/her toes in Listerine mouthwash. Listerine is an antiseptic so it can clear up the fungus. Remember, like tea tree oil, this has produced mixed results.
3. Topical Creams – Applying Alpha Hydroxyl Acid, or AHA creams, before sleeping is another recommended remedy. This will remove the scaly skin from the feet, thus lessening the onset of a toe nail fungus infection.
4. Mixtures – Tea tree oil with lavender oil is another great combination in battling toe nail fungus. Tea tree oil is nature’s antibiotic and antiseptic, while lavender is the one that will prevent skin irritation.
5. Prescription Medication – Medical Prescriptions are also recommended by doctors as toe nail fungus remedy. This includes such medicines such as itraconazole (Sporonox), fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Fulvicin), and terfinabine (Lamisil). But these have some moderate to serious side effects such as headaches, upset stomach, to liver damage to even death. One must be careful in using these prescription medications.
6. Zetaclear – Another effective toe nail fungus remedy is the use of natural treatments such as Zetaclear. It has ingredients from the most effective treatments stated above such as tea tree oil, jojoba oil, lavender oil as well as clove oil. They have no adverse side effects like that of prescription medications, but they are as effective. To top it, they also offer a return guarantee, no questions asked, if one is unsatisfied with the medicine.
These different toe nail fungus remedies have their own advantages and disadvantages but some are better than others. So one has to have the proper knowledge in order to get the best toe nail fungus remedy. One cannot simply rely on word-of-mouth or self-care, because chances are, it might not heal and worse, it can lead to other complications. So if you have toe nail fungus, better seek medical help right away.
Discover more regarding the best nail fungus treatment. Check out your nail fungus treatment guide online.