An ever increasing number of people are searching for insomnia cures. Studies have shown that one in three people will have had a significant problem with getting to sleep or insomnia in the past year.
You should always discuss acute sleep problems with your doctor. However, if you are looking for ways to help yourself, there are many options available to you. As is usually the case, a natural course of action is the preferred choice when looking at insomnia cures.
One of the first steps you can take is to keep a sleep diary. This can be very effective in pinpointing changes in sleeping habits or your bedtime routine.
Your body needs to receive a signal that it’s time for sleep each night. Therefore, it’s important to establish a regular routine at bedtime – a routine that is sleep inducing.
Here are some simple insomnia cures you can try:
1. exercise well during the day but avoid intense late-night exercise.
2. eat lightly in the evening, avoiding stimulants containing caffeine such as coffee, tea and chocolate.
3. the sleep inducing hormone melatonin is produced by your body as it cools down in the evening. You can enhance the production of this hormone by taking a warm bath in the evening, an hour or so before bed. As your body cools down after the bath, your body will produce more melatonin, which will make you feel sleepy and ready for bed. This is one of the most enjoyable and relaxing insomnia cures to add to your bedtime routine.
4. ensure your bedroom has a relaxing, airy feel about it, free from noise and bright lights.
5. set a routine of going to bed and getting up at the same time every day.
6. For your body to function at its optimal level you need to ensure you are eating a diet full of healthy, nutrient rich foods. When looking at effective insomnia cures it is a good idea to take a supplement of 250g of magnesium every day as this mineral helps your body to relax in the evening, and will therefore induce sleep.
Low levels of magnesium in the body have been shown to lead to shallow sleep. This can cause you to wake in the middle of the night. By taking a magnesium supplement and adding magnesium rich foods to your diet, you are more likely to achieve deep, restful sleep. Foods rich in magnesium include cashew nuts, almonds, kelp, blackstrap molasses and wheat bran.
7. One of the most exciting and effective insomnia cures to become available, is brain training audio soundtracks, specifically designed to treat insomnia. This breakthrough technology has helped thousands of people to end their sleep problem, and literally trains your body towards a normal, healthy sleep/ wake pattern.
The audio soundtracks will gradually restore your sleep pattern to normal. After only a few weeks you will be able to fall asleep within 10 minutes of getting into bed, after which time you won’t need to use the audio soundtracks anymore. The soundtracks work by gently calming your mind towards deep, restorative sleep with scientifically produced rhythmic pulses, specifically designed to treat insomnia.