They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul. No wonder people like to highlight their eyes so much. There are a lot of things to do to draw attention to your eyes. Some people opt to wear colored contact lenses for added drama and effect while others choose to highlight their eyes using makeup. A person with expressive eyes look automatically beautiful to people and so that look is what everyone is aiming for and one of the best ways to “up do” your eyes is by adding color to it. Hence, smokey eyes are a hit and a lot of women are trying it on their eyes.
Smokey eyes are not as difficult to achieve as they seem to be when you look at them. It does not take a professional makeup artist to achieve that look. In fact, you and I can have striking smokey eyes. Do you want to learn how to? Follow this step by step smokey eyes guide and look absolutely stunning!
- The first step is to prepare your eyelid to keep the eyeshadow from melting in the creases. Se a primer in doing this and let it dry for a while.
- Apply black, brown or gray eyeliner above the lash line. It is best to make it thicker in the middle eye.
- Use an eyeliner pencil and use it on your bottom lashes. Adding color to this part of your eyes is important to achieve that smokey effect.
- Put a base using light colors. The contrast is the only way to highlight the “smoke” that you will apply later.
- Now it is time to put the darker color below the crease of your eyes. use dark eyeshadows and with a brush, blend the colors starting at your lash line. Do not rush blending because your eyeliner has to disappear and must subtly settle with the rest of the makeup.
- Coat your eyelashes with mascara several times until it looks lush, thick and dark. Don’t forget to curl them before applying mascara.
Take note that when you are wearing smokey eyes, you must keep your lip color subtle. You can’t have strong eye makeup and strong lipstick colors because what you are accentuating becomes confusing. Besides, you’ll risk looking like a clown
Follow this step by step smokey eyes and be amazed with how good you’ll look with little effort.