Figuring out how to tone up arms can be hard with all the free and subpar information out there. In fact, I believe that many women are utterly lost when it comes to finding the right approach.
How do I know? Because I receive an inordinate amount of questions every day that reveal an epidemic of mass confusion.
And don’t be too hard on yourself. After all, a lot of this confusion is created by questionable marketing that will make your purse lighter while your arms get heavier.
Thus, here is some misinformation to avoid when learning how to tone up your arms:
1. Working out every day is best. I strongly recommend NOT working out every day. This will leave you burned out, unable to get sleep and absolutely dreading the whole process. Your muscles and nervous system need rest in order to progress.
2. Something is wrong if one arm is stronger than the other. Nothing could be further from the truth, this is perfectly normal. Over time, this discrepancy will begin to fade. Just make sure that you do unilateral movements.
3. I should be able to do 15 repetitions for every set in very workout. This will surely lead to arm toning failure! There are no cookie cutter rules here. In fact, you should strive to experiment with a wide variety of repetitions for maximum effect.
4. Getting tired during exercise is an indication of overtraining. Do not worry about getting tired when you are pushing yourself. This is normal and beneficial. Beneficial because the more you push yourself the more hormones your body will secrete.
5. If you’re sore a couple days after exercising, something is wrong! This simply means that you had an intense workout-just what you need to do to tone up those arms. And keep in mind that this delayed soreness will decrease as you eat better and your body learns to recover faster.
Please steer clear of all the marketing hype out there. Stick to unbiased sources of information and learning how to tone up arms will be that much easier. Only then will you get the sexy arms of your dreams!
Highly regarded author, Katherine Crawford M.S., a Harvard fitness expert and former arm fat casualty, instructs women on how to lose arm fat. Unearth how to get sexy and toned arms by visiting her website about arm fat right now!