The Ultimate Lash Commandments
Always: Match mascara to your look. For a feline flick of eye liner, concentrate mascara on the outer lashes. With smoky eyes, apply mascara to top and bottom lashes.
Never: Skip mascara on lower lashes. Colouring them makes eyes look bigger!
Always: Wiggle mascara wand at roots and then zigzag through lashes to coat each one.
Never: Pump your mascara brush into the bottle – it’ll dry out much faster!
Always: Curl lashes with an eyelash curler or by gently pressing them up with your fingers as the mascara dries.
How to Build Layers
For serious impact, you need to apply 3 layers of the blackest black mascara.
• Start by wiping the tip of the wand gently to get rid of any excess mascara
• Gently lift your eyelid and apply one coat close to the base of your lashes
• Let it dry for 30 seconds. Look down and gently comb lashes from above using a delicate eyelash comb to remove any clumps
• Apply a second coat, turning the brush at an angle to get all lashes.
• Let it dry for 30 seconds, comb through and then apply a final coat until you have long thick lashes.
It is important to pick the right mascara for you – one that looks amazing on one person will not necessarily work for you. Many people take a long time to find their ideal mascara and with so many brands and technologies on the market nowadays, you will find yours too! Brands that tend to actually do what they promise are Clinique, Maybelline, Lancôme and L’Oreal.