A photograph captures those special moments of yours which you will always cherish afterwards. How well it was captured and edited will sweeten your memories even more. But if the photo was not captured well it could be edited later. Here comes the important role of photo editing. Today photo editing is an integral part of photography itself. A lot of emphasis is put on it.
The way a photo is edited can make a lot of difference. If some simple editing techniques are kept in mind and followed they will result in getting outstanding photos. These techniques might look simple and easy but they do make a huge difference to the overall result. Hence, we would be discussing some very simple and basic editing techniques which would be beneficial for you.
The first and foremost point one should remember before starting the editing is that, to get outstanding and great photos one should try to use the techniques mentioned below
1. Brightness/Contrast: this is the most easy and most widely used technique. Is to be used if the photo was too dark or was clicked in a too bright environment.
2. Hue and saturation: these are used basically to control the color content of a photograph. Hue balances the color whereas Saturation alters the strength of the color.
3. Removing red eye: most of the editing software?s come with red eye removal facility. Just select the red eye removal icon and select the area around the eyes. The red eye will be removed.
4. Sharpen the photo: by sharpening an image the photo will give a much better look and would be less grainy. It will give a crisp image.
5. Sizing: the size of a photo also determines the quality you are getting.
6. Noise: this is used to add a film of grain over the photo. It will give you a classic look.
7. Adjusting color levels : the color levels can be adjusted in order to give a more balanced use of all colors and also remove different color imbalances.
These are some of the very basic editing techniques that have been discussed. These might look to you very simple or few in number but they will surely help you in achieving outstanding photos.