Aging is a complex process that many people find frightening.
Many products/pills claim to cure all of the ailments of aging, but this is highly unlikely.
However, there are things you can do that not only will help you age more slowly but will improve your quality of life. Your best bet for a long and healthy life is to:
1. Eat a varied and healthy diet. Fruits, vegetables and whole grain foods. Fiber, calcium, iron, magnesium, and vitamins play a part in keeping your body functioning. Drink lots of fluids to maintain healthy skin and get rid of waste. Eating right will help you maintain a healthy body.
2. Exercise every day. Exercise improves appetite, makes healthy bones, gives you a better emotional outlook and improves digestion and circulation. Exercise makes you stronger and helps you lose weight.
3. Prompt medical care when you’re ill or injured. Take care of your body and take care of any little problems before they become too big to be dealt with. Get screened for diseases for example cancer and heart disease.
4. Prevent sunburn by using sunscreen. Professionals agree a significant factor contributing to aging is chronic inflammation of the skin from the sun.
5. Quit smoking and avoid secondhand smoke. Smoking has very damaging effects and dramatically increases your risk of getting cancer and heart disease.
6. Manage stress. Stress is a part of everyday life. Develop ways to help you cope and adjust to situations in your life that may cause you stress. The situation isn’t the problem…its how you react to it.
7. Look for ways to improve overall well-being and enthusiasm for life. Be curios and creative which will encourage you to learn new things. You can also use humor and laughter to help you age well and live long.
8. Keep strong relationships. Maintaining close ties to your family and friends are crucial to healthy aging.
9. Do not let fears and worries dominate your life. Worried mind is not at peace and takes energy which you need to maintain your youthfulness.
10. Antioxidants can maintain youthful cells. Antioxidants are found in a fruits, vegetables and some meats. The human body does produce its own antioxidants, this level of product reduces over time because of environmental factors and the aging process. Anti oxidant supplements or even anti oxidant teas can be taken as supplements.
Do all you can to be healthy and in doing so you will age slower.
If you have any doubts about certain products that say they slow or reverse aging, consult your doctor. He or she can help get the correct information and facts.