Would you like to increase the health of your heart? Would you like to increase the rate at which you burn jiggly body fat? If so, taking your cardiovascular exercise to newer heights can be the key.
In essence, you should not be spending all day on a cardio machine!
Having said that, there are certain techniques you can implement to make your cardio training ultra effective:
1. Prioritize treadmill work: In comparison to other cardiovascular devices, treadmills allow you to burn more calories. I suspect the upright position is what causes the high caloric burn. So when you are designing your exercise routines, prioritize the use of treadmills.
2. Spice things up: Do the same type of cardio day in and day out and not only will you plateau physically, but also psychologically. To keep yourself from going insane and to keep your body from not responding, do different types of cardiovascular exercise in your workouts. Hoping from one machine to the next with minimal rest is a great way to accomplish this.
3. Prioritize weight lifting: How does prioritizing weight lifting increase the effectiveness of cardiovascular exercise? It does because by weightlifting first you will burn more fat when doing cardio. Having said that, the difference will be minimal, but significant nonetheless.
4. Don’t get comfortable: If you are comfortable when doing cardio, something is wrong. You need to push yourself in order to get the best results. If you don’t, you will burn fewer and fewer calories as the weeks go by and you will not see any changes in your body.
5. Stick with slow digesting carbs: Lots of athletes will have a muffin or sugar-laden serving of cereal before doing cardio. Unfortunately, this approach will leave you with subpar levels of energy. Instead, stick with sources of carbohydrates that digest slowly for optimal energy.
Do you enjoy doing cardio? If you don’t, start implementing the above techniques so that it is no longer a chore. And take action on this information today, don’t wait until tomorrow!
Highly sought after author, Katherine Crawford MS, a Harvard exercise expert and recent arm fat refugee, advises women on how to shrink flabby arms. Learn how to get sexy arms by visiting her personal website about reducing fat arms as soon as possible!