Acne is a skin condition that can affect us both physically and emotionally. When scarring occurs it becomes an even worse situation because scars caused by acne can run a very long period of time or become permanent. There are ways to prevent acne scars, though, and it is as simple as avoiding and doing more of certain things. Acne scar skin care doesn’t have to be complicated. This article will teach you the dos and donts of acne scar skin care.
– Drink lots of liquid. Doctors cannot stress enough on this. Sufficient amounts of water in the body help in proper circulation and thus help blood reach the skin. It also promotes healthy bowel movement and the flushing away of waste and toxins. Blood carries vital nutrients and oxygen and helps protect and heal damaged skin without scarring.
– Incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your daily diet. Eating fruits and vegetables can be an extremely effective acne scar skin care practice. The food sources are filled with natural antioxidants that effectively fight against free radicals in the body, thus strengthening the immune system. When the immune system is strong, the skin can better defend itself from pathogens and external hazards that cause infections, which in turn can rupture and scar the skin.
– Get yourself into regular exercise as part of your acne scar skin care regimen. Cardiovascular exercises enhance blood flow so that oxygen and nutrients are properly distributed to the skin. Strength training improves metabolism even after exercising, helping the body’s defensive and cleansing functions. Relaxation exercises reduce stress, a factor known to cause acne. Avoid the formation of cysts by sweating through exercises-cysts can be very large and when broken can cause prominent scars to appear.
– Go for a more fibrous diet. Fiber rids the body of toxins, which can clog pores, cause them to swell, burst and form scars.
– Exfoliate from time to time. Exfoliation can reduce the appearance of scars by eliminating dead skin cells and reducing the depth of scars.
– Avoid squeezing and picking on your pimples. The germs on your fingers and nails can cause infections, making acne symptoms like cysts larger in size and therefore giving you more risk of developing larger scars. Inflammation can actually lessen by itself in time. Breaking inflamed areas on purpose is known to cause acne scars.
– Do not prolong your stay under the sun. Prolonged exposure to UV rays can darken scars and make them look more prominent.
– Do not over-wash your skin. Too much washing or scrubbing can make your skin dry and scaly. In this condition your skin may lose its elasticity and scars are therefore more difficult to stretch out.
It is always a good idea to take preventive measure as part of your acne scar skin care regimen. Acne scar skin care that requires skin surgery could take a lot of your time and money to treat sever acne scars. The information in this article is only a guideline and should not be taken as medical advice.